Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Oh No, I Forgot My Line

This past weekend, Brian's mom and younger sister visited us. They came down Friday night and left Sunday morning. Friday night, Brian had the Valentine's Day Dance at school. My Mentoring Moms group provided childcare at the church for us so that we could go out on a date. Instead of going out with Brian, I went out to Red Robin with Karla and Sara. We enjoyed some yummy hamburgers and Lydia had fun at the church nursery.
Karla's dog, Whiskers, also joined us. He's a sweet, old miniature Schnauzer. Lydia absolutely loved having a dog in the house, especially one that put up with her so well! Lydia was very excited when we came home Friday night to find a dog in her house. She called Whisker's "daaaaa-daaaa" (very loudly). I think she was trying to say "doggy". 
Saturday morning, despite the chilly weather, we went to Fiesta Farm. My mom gave us a groupon for two tickets. We thought Lydia would have a blast. She loves looking at animals in books and on TV. When she went to Fiesta Farm last year, she had so much fun. This time, however, she was scared the moment we walked into the farm. She refused to walk around on her own. She would stop fussing to look at animal, and then start fussing all over again. The only time she enjoyed herself was when she played in the sandbox and on the hayride.





After a nice, long nap (enjoyed by Lydia, Mommy and Daddy), we had lunch and then took a nice, chilly walk to the park. It's a little over a mile walk to the park, which would have been took much for Whiskers. So, he sat in the wagon and Lydia sat with him. She had so much fun riding in the wagon with Whiskers!

Today was a fun day with Lydia! While she watched her PBS TV shows, I cleaned and vacuumed the house. Then we got beautiful and headed off to the music store. Three of my students are moving up a book, which is very exciting! After the music store, we headed to Walgreens to drop off our Redbox movie - Breaking Dawn Part 1 (totally ridiculous and didn't follow the book very well). Then we headed off to the park! It was such a beautiful, warm day, especially compared to this weekend. 
Lydia loves the park! The swings are definitely her favorite. Today she spent half the time climbing up the playground and sliding down the slide. There was a little boy there that she enjoyed following around for awhile. After the park, it was lunch time, Circle Time, and then nap time. During nap time, Leah and Adah visited with me for awhile.
Once Lydia woke up, it was time to get Valentine's dinner ready. I prepped the meatloaf and shaped them into hearts. I wrote out instructions for Brian to put dinner in the oven. After 2 hours of piano lessons, it was time to set the table for Valentine's Day dinner. I put out a pink table cloth and we actually used real plates! Unfortunately, Lydia decided to be fussy and didn't want to eat the meatloaf, despite the fact that she likes meatloaf. We eventually got her to eat two bites.

Brian's instructions. 
My plate.

Daddy's place setting.

I had made a mailbox for Lydia's Valentine's cards. She received a handful and I put them in her box. Unfortunately, instead of eagerly going through her box of cards, she decided to tear the cover over the box and take off all the stickers. We did manage to get her to look at a few of the cards. Silly girl.

Lydia, this time last year!

To end our Valentine's, we rented two free movies from Redbox (with a special code) and are watching Real Steel right now.

P.S. I made something I saw on Pinterest! I made Brian a "52 Reasons I Love You" deck of cards. He enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment