This past weekend was a blast! We were incredibly busy the entire weekend, and, although it was fun, I am looking forward to this weekend when we have nothing planned (other than a dinner/movie date!).
Thursday:
We had an Easter Egg Hunt at the center for the kiddos. All of the moms (and one dad) came to watch their child hunt for eggs for the first time! The kiddos did amazingly well. One would find an egg, open it, and play with the stickers inside before heading off to get another egg. Lydia found one egg and was done - I had to convince her to get another. Then, one little boy took Lydia's eggs and basket, and filled the basket up to overflowing with eggs! We had a blast! The best part was that all the parents took their little ones home so we were off by 4:00! It was great!
Friday:
Lydia didn't realize that we didn't have to go to work, so she still woke up at 6:30ish. We hung out in our bed with her until almost 7:00. Then, after I took a shower and got ready, we headed off to run errands. We picked up food we needed for the weekend at HEB, went to Best Buy for a new iPhone cover for Brian, checked out Ross and I got a new pair of shorts and Lydia got a princess back pack, and then to Babies R Us to get a baby gate. We then headed home, around 10:30, so Lydia could have some lunch and a nice nap. After she woke up, we went to Home Depot for wood and screws for the baby gate.
Brian's parents arrived around 4:00. Lydia, Karla and I went outside on the porch and played in a bowl of water with spoons and measuring cups. Lydia then had a snack and watched The Wiggles. Brian and his dad worked on putting up Lydia's new play area. Brian grilled hamburgers and hotdogs, so Lydia sat in her swing while he cooked. I got to play the piano (finally!) while I waited for dinner. Lydia ate 1/2 a hot dog and some applesauce, which was great. She then took a bath and went to bed. We played Guesstimation, which is a super fun game. It has (very) random questions and whoever guesses the closest to the number associated with the question, wins! Brian, of course, won.
Saturday:
Lydia woke up at 6:00, and we hung out in our bed until 6:30. She had breakfast and I got ready for the day. We played in her play area most of the morning. Brian headed off to his dentist appointment at 8:30, and we headed off to The Little Gym at 8:40. We met up with my mom there and they had a blast watching Lydia play at the Gym! Lydia had huge smiles for her teacher, Miss Jenny!
We then went to Bass Pro to get Lydia's picture taken with the Easter Bunny. We had to wait in line for about 40 minutes, and then Lydia cried when the Bunny held her...but the picture still turned out cute! We then went to Chick-fil-a for lunch. Brian and Karla went to Home Depot to get flowers and plants for the pots out in the back yard, while Lydia and I went home to nap, and Al went to Starbucks and Borders.
After napping, we went to the pool! The big pool was cold and Lydia didn't want me to let go of her. We then went in the baby pool and Lydia had so much fun! She loved holding onto the bar and crawling up the steps. When we got home, she played in her play area while I got dinner ready. Halfway through, I ended up stabbing myself with a knife, causing a lot of pain and blood. I ran outside to tell Brian. This upset Lydia, and then seeing me crying upset her more. Karla took her outside so she wouldn't see me crying. Brian got the blood stopped up and my hand bandaged. No need for stitches, thankfully. I got Lydia calmed down and was able to finish getting dinner ready.
Before cleaning up the kitchen, I put Lydia outside to watch Karla and Brian working. She ended up being carried around by Grandpa Pfeiffer the whole time (which was great to see). We had chicken enchiladas for dinner and Lydia loved it. We watched TANGLED after Lydia was in bed. I love that movie!
Sunday:
Lydia was up by 6:15 and we were tired! We played and hung out until 10:00, when we left to go to Einstein Bagels for breakfast. Church was at 11:45, but we got there at 11:10. We sat in the sanctuary with Lydia until 11:30, when Brian dropped her off at the nursery. My mom & dad, and Leah and Jessie joined us for the service. Lydia only had a good time at Sunday School because Uncle Thomas helped out in her class!
After church, we headed to my parent's house for sandwich ring and deviled eggs. Lydia found 2 eggs at the Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard and was done! The "big" kids got to search for eggs. Some had coupons and dollar bills in them! I found $3 and one coupon!
Lydia napped while we ate home made ice cream and carrot cake. The Pfeiffer's headed off and then we played Banana Grams (very fun) and then watched Lydia play and try walking. Brian and I had leftovers for dinner.
![]() |
| The whole group for Easter Lunch! |
![]() |
| Lydia's first egg! |
![]() |
| Hunting for more eggs! |
![]() |
| Lydia likes to share her eggs. |
![]() |
| Lydia didn't want to share with Denzel. |
![]() |
| Grandpa held Lydia while the "big" kids hunted for eggs. |
![]() |
| The Big Kids with their eggs! |
It was a great weekend! I love long weekends with my family! But, like I said, I'm looking forward to doing nothing this weekend!










No comments:
Post a Comment