Today is Day #1 of my Special K diet. So far, I've eaten one bowl of Granola cereal (didn't care for it) at 6:45am, a yummy snack bar at 10:00am, a bowl of Original cereal at 11:00am, and an apple at 11:45am. And...I'm still hungry.
The Special K challenge is to lose up to 6lbs in 2 weeks. I have to replace two meals with cereal (I don't care for the meal shakes or the protein bars) and only have 2 of their Special K snacks a day (these include cereal bars or crackers). My 3rd meal is a regular meal, which will be my dinner (I just have to remember portion control!). I can drink whatever I want throughout the day and have as much fruit and veggies as I want. I do this for two weeks and hopefully lose 6lbs and get down to my ideal weight.
We'll see how this goes. I'm also running/walking for 20-25 minutes a day, hopefully getting up to 30 minutes. I will continue to run/walk after the diet, which will hopefully keep the weight off, as well as smart eating and snacking. Before I got pregnant, I was down to my ideal weight and I loved it. Working at Bright Horizons helped me lose the weight I gained from working at a movie theater. I was constantly up and down, picking up kids, and had no time during the day to snack. I also didn't have big lunches. I gained almost 40lbs while pregnant, lost it all about 6 months later, but since Lydia has stopped nursing, I've started gaining some back.
Today is Day #17 of Lydia's "nursing strike". At first she would drink 4oz of breast milk from a sippy cup in the mornings and 6oz from a bottle at bedtime, with 4oz if she woke up. Now, she refuses to drink breast milk in the morning or any other time during the day! She will drink about 4oz at bedtime, then I dream feed her the other 2-3oz around 8:30pm. She hasn't been waking up at all during the night. In the morning, I put about 2.5oz of breast milk in with her oatmeal, since she won't drink it. She's still eating really well. I make sure I feed her about every 1.5 to 2 hours, either a snack or a meal. She is not much of a drinker, only sipping at her milk or juice. Usually at dinner time she will drink a lot of milk. She still has wet diapers (we have to use the special night time ones at night) and poops a lot, so I'm pretty sure she's good. She's in a great mood. She naps just fine and sleeps all night. I now pump 3 times a day (6, 12, 6) and get about 2.5 to 3oz each time. We will see what the doctor has to say next week at her 9-month check up.
Today is President's Day and I have off of work. Brian had to work today, since they had that Snow Day a few weeks ago. So, I was stuck bringing in the Escape to get LoJack put on it. I had to drive all the way to Carmax (about 35 minutes) with Lydia. She started crying when we got on the highway, so I had to get off, give her her pacifier and then she was fine. We made it there by 8:00, but our appointment wasn't until 9:00 (we got confused). We drove around looking for something to do. Lydia was screaming and I was getting frustrated, since I don't know that area. We finally found a Subway so I could give Lydia her yogurt for snack. We then walked around Lowe's and Lydia had a great time! She loved looking at the kitchens (and trying out the sinks) and feeling the carpets. Everything is a learning experience and an adventure for her! At Carmax, she had a great time playing with the few toys they had there, then we had a snack, and she played some more. After an hour and a half, we were done and could head home. She dozed in the car, but was still too tired to eat her lunch when we got home. I put her down for a nap and will try to give her more lunch when she wakes up. We will then head to a kid's consignment store to look for shorts, new shoes, and a little car to ride on. We miss Daddy, but will still have fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment