Wow, I haven't blogged in awhile. I didn't realize how hard this would be to keep up. When I think about blogging, I can't think of anything interesting to blog. I have plenty of good work-related stories, of course, but those are really only funny to Leah and me.
Brian's parents came to visit this past Saturday and we went to Brackenridge Park and the Japanese Gardens. Lydia was so well behaved! She napped right before we left, then again on the way there, and again on the way home. She rode the train for the first time and chatted the whole ride! Of course she was held a lot by Grandma and she loved every minute!
Sunday we went furniture shopping instead of going to church. Lydia slept in until 9:30 that morning (crazy!) and we were out the door by 10:30. We went to Rooms to Go first and found a few sofas that we liked. We also went to Ashley Furniture and The Room Store. I had thought of just getting a love seat, or small couch, for the living room. Brian discovered a love seat that is connected to a chaise lounge (it's a sectional, technically) and loves it. The design grew on me and we've pretty much decided on a sofa/chaise lounge from Ashley Furniture. Of course, Brian really likes it because it comes with an ottoman, side tables, AND a 50" HD TV. For some reason he thinks we need a bigger TV. It's a good thing I really like the couch and everything that goes with it.
We also need some dinning room chairs that match our dinning room table. We will have to search online for those, I think, unless we get my mom's when she gets a new breakfast table. I want to get a dresser, as well, instead of having plastic drawers. We are going to IKEA in Round Rock on Saturday to explore their furniture. Brian's never been to an IKEA, so it will definitely be an adventure for him. Lydia is staying with the Pfeiffer Grandparents while we shop with my mom at IKEA.
Lydia is starting to sleep a little bit better. We now have lullabies playing and a fan going to block out outside noises and to - hopefully - lull her back to sleep when she wakes up. She usually will wake up at about 11:00 and then 1:00. Lately, though, she's been waking up a lot after 1:00 (sometimes every hour), so by 4:30am I am ready to just have her in bed with me. I think she's getting used to this, but I really don't mind. I love having her cuddled up next to me! She sleeps really well when she's with us, of course. I know I'm probably creating a bad habit, but I need my sleep, too!
Lydia is now eating rice cereal mixed with breast milk for breakfast, around 7:30. She loves it! She gets fussy and wants more when she finishes! And, she's eating vegetables for lunch/early dinner (depending on when I have the time to give it to her). She has tried green beans so far and is just now starting to like them. At first she would refuse to open her mouth, but today she was leaning towards the spoon with her mouth open! I love that she's so interested in food!

No comments:
Post a Comment