Saturday, February 15, 2014

You Dress A Lot Better, That's For Sure

(Lydia's been watching High School Musical 2 over and over and over...had to quote it this month.)

Day 9: What's In Your Bag/Wallet

-old silver wallet that doesn't really hold much except for my car insurance...
-preschool work badge
-a flyer for a Noonday Collection Lunch (back in October....)
-small red wallet that holds everything
-car insurance
-small notebook with a pig on it
-recipe for 8 Can Taco Soup
-tissues
-checkbook
-notes from the last Mentoring Moms meeting about disciplining your children
-compact mirror
-receipt for preschool registration
-a brown marker
-a comb
-Lydia's mittens
-snacks for Lydia
-random pieces of paper

We've been pretty busy this past week or so. Lydia had her Valentine's Day Party at Bibleland on Tuesday and had a good time with the Monkey class. Leah and my Giraffe class also had a lot of fun - even though I forgot to bring the cute pictures we had made for the parents! Thursday, Leah had a gathering of several mommies and babies at her house, which was a lot of fun, if a little crazy. Friday, Lydia had her Valentine's Day Party at Preschool, which was a lot of fun. I also finally cleaned the entire house that morning.
Friday  night we were going to go out to Olive Garden with Lydia (her first "fancy" restaurant"). She picked out her dress and wore her new Cinderella heels (and took her baby), but the wait time was over an hour. We decided to go to Red Robin instead. It was an early night for us, as we were all tired that evening. Good thing too, as Lydia woke us up at 1:00, having thrown up in bed!
I slept on her floor all night, waking up again at 3:00 when she thew up again. I also woke up to all of her little noises, ready to clean up or rush her to the bathroom. She did wake up around 5:30, but it was because her throat was hurting. Despite hardly sleeping, Lydia still woke up by 7:30 this morning! We had a birthday party to go to in New Braunfels, but cancelled as Lydia wasn't feeling well. I went back to bed after giving Lydia the iPad and she let us sleep until about 9:45, thankfully!
Brian went to HEB for me while I folded laundry and kept Lydia company. She did throw up a bit again sometimes before noon, but hasn't since then. She has been complaining that her throat hurts, though. I hear the sickness may be going around - a 24-hour stomach bug thing. Brian took some Peptobismol, which will hopefully prevent him from getting sick. I'm pretty good at staying healthy (knock on wood).
The weather has finally gotten warm and will stay that way for awhile now! Yeah! When Lydia gets up from her nap I will try taking her out on a walk to get her some fresh air. Maybe tomorrow, if everyone is feeling good, we can do something fun together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment