It's amazing what a two-year old can comprehend, remember, and mimic. I promise (really, I do) that I never spent time tutoring Lydia on how to work my iPhone...she figured it out by watching me. She knows how to unlock the screen, choose Netflix, stop/play/rewind/turn the volume down on a movie, exit out of a program, choose her favorite game app, text and send the text, and how to answer the phone! She's seen me do it so often, she just picked it up on her own. One thing that she's recently been obsessed with is taking pictures. I just love it! I have taken so many pictures of her with my iPhone (one of the main reasons I wanted one - to text pictures of Lydia to Brian and family), it's about time that she's figured out how to do it on her own! She has even realized that there is lag time between the moment you hit the camera button and the moment it actually takes the picture (she'll hit the button, turn the phone to face her, and say "cheese" before it actually takes the picture).
So, today I sent Lydia on a photo "scavenger hunt". I can justify this activity by saying that I was trying to see what objects she knew the names of - if she knew what I was talking about. But really, it was just cute to see her take pictures with the phone and to see how those pictures actually turned out. So, here are the pictures Lydia took on her photo hunt.
 |
| A picture of her Baby. |
 |
| Her horse. |
 |
| Her pajamas (we were in the living room, so she went into her room to find these). |
 |
| Her drum. |
 |
| Super Grover. |
 |
| The oven. |
 |
| The piano. |
 |
| Her bed. |
 |
| She told me she was going to take one of her baby's bed. |
 |
| Her favorite book: Baby Dear. |
 |
| Mommy. |
 |
| She decided to photograph her potty trip. |
 |
| Mommy...I'm sitting on the stool, not the potty, promise! |
 |
| Herself...not a very attractive picture, though. |
 |
| This is in the evening, but I thought it was a pretty nice picture. |
No comments:
Post a Comment