Monday, September 12, 2011

What Would Happen if You Gave a Yo-Yo to a Flock of Flamingos?

It's been Day 3 of working at Oak Hills Preschool. It's been hard leaving Lydia, but I know she has been enjoying herself. She got a lot of one-on-one time with Aunt Leah on Wednesday, and lots of attention on Friday with my parents, and then had a great time with Cousin Abram today. She is always excited to see me again, and I am definitely excited to see her! It's been great having the days off in between so we can spend time together.
The Preschool is going pretty well. I love the hours and most of the teachers. The time flies by! I am in 5 different classes for 45 minutes each. I really have to pay attention to the time, since I am having fun in the classes with the kids. Their ages range from almost 3 to almost 5. The teachers do a great job setting up their classrooms really invitingly and keeping the kiddos occupied. They all seem to have a great time while in their class. I only have one (hopefully) minor issue with a fellow teacher, but am hoping to get that resolved quickly. I really want to enjoy every aspect of working at the Preschool to justify leaving Lydia in someone else's care. If I don't love my job, I don't want to leave Lydia. And that's that.

We had a very exciting weekend! I received a text from Leah at 5:15 Friday  morning saying they were at the hospital and Leah was experiencing contractions. I had Lydia spend the day with mom and dad while I was at work, since we didn't know what would happen with Leah. They ended up being sent home around 8:00. Leah labored at home for awhile, and then went to my parent's house to relax in the pool. By the time I picked Lydia up, Leah was in some pain but still able to smile and chat. By the time Lydia and I left my parent's house, Leah was no longer smiling or chatting! They went back to the hospital around 6:00 and were finally admitted! Leah was thankful for the epidural so she could finally relax. Little Adah Joy was born at 1:11am on 09/10/11! She was 6lbs 14oz and 19 inches long. She's beautiful!

Lydia loves her little cousin! But, she is very jealous. When we went to see them at the hospital and I held Adah, Lydia started whining and wanting to be picked up by me. But, she loves to look at Adah and touch her. Today, we had Lydia sit on the couch and "hold" Adah. She loved it! She likes to look at Adah's feet and just stare at her. She also likes all of Adah's toys - like the swing and the bouncer! Hopefully these two will be great friends!

Tomorrow is my first day of giving piano lessons! I have 3 students coming tomorrow and I am very excited. I studied the beginner's book I bought and have figured out the point of teaching the black notes and numbered fingers first. It actually makes sense, but I still like the way I learned - by learning the notes, names, and what they looked like on the staff at the same time. Lydia will be over at Aunt Leah's house (with Uncle Jessie, Cousin Adah, and Jessie's parents) tomorrow during my lessons and Brian will pick her up when he gets home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment