Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Want To Do Something For Her...But What?

Lydia is sick. I have never experienced this long of an illness with her before. She had a bad ear infection last December, which was pretty rough, but she was still in good spirits. She had a stomach bug last September, but it was only 24 hours long. Now, she's had a temperature over 100 since Sunday evening! It's so hard to see her not feeling well, especially since she can't communicate how she feels. I also wish she would understand when I say "Just relax" when she gets upset about not feeling well.
Lydia is not a good patient, at least for me. She is fussy and wiggly and can't decide if she wants to sleep or play or just sit in my lap. But, with Brian, she is just snuggly and a bit fussy. They relaxed all day today - laying on the couch, laying in bed. I was surprised when Brian said he'd be willing to stay with her, again, all day tomorrow if she's still sick (instead of going to his teacher's training). I do not enjoy being with Lydia when she is not feeling well. But, she always acts better around Brian than she does around me.
I was so worried about her high temperature, that we took her to the doctor yesterday. Of course, there was nothing the doctor could do for her; we just have to wait this one out. He was very reassuring and didn't make me feel silly for bringing Lydia in. He told us to monitor her temperature constantly, and if it goes over 104, to bring her back to the doctor or the ER. Also, if her fever lasts more than five days (FIVE DAYS!), to bring her in again.
It's so hard seeing Lydia just laze around. And, when I was holding her, she puts her head on my shoulder and just moans. She is usually so active and alert; this is so not like her! It feels like she's been sick forever and that it's never going to go away. But, I know that in a day or two, she will be much better and I won't even remember how it was. I am thankful that this is happening during the summer only because Brian is home to care for her. I would hate to leave Leah alone with the kiddos (we only had 2 yesterday and 3 today), or have someone help out (we'll have all 5 again tomorrow). I am also thankful that he is willing to stay home with her and his only complaint is that "it's boring", instead of "Lydia's annoying".
Pray that my baby gets better!

Resting at the Center.

Sleeping on Daddy's lap.

Resting on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment